Coloured Wrap Films
We use materials that offer performance and versatility. All of our vinyl is ‘cast vinyl’ or ‘multi cast vinyl’. Either the multilayered film incorporates a clear protective layer, or we apply an overlaminate.
Choice seeks smooth finishes that grab attention with strong dazzling effect. Your vehicle will distinguish itself from the back through quality and confidence with the newest and hottest technologies in the field.
We refer to premium finishes such as carbon fibre, matte black, and colour changing materials as premium colour vinyl. These finishes offer more flexibility than conventional auto painting. Vinyl installation and replacement are more practical the car paint at only a fraction of the cost.
Choosing The Right Vinyl
There are two leading manufacturers, 3M and Avery Dennison each with a selection of top performing vinyl. Advice on which materials will work best for you is an invaluable part of the service. Depending on the installation surface and the desired effect, each material has unique characteristics which affect its suitability. For example, metallics are not as flexible as solid colours and colour changing vinyl. Another example is when colour changing materials are polarised and require that panels be installed with the same orientation to match the colour changing effect across the span of the vehicle. Some materials with patterns (such as carbon fibre) need to have the seams aligned to avoid awkward breaks in the design. Experience plays a significant role in understanding the traits of each material and knowing which one to select for each installation.
Download Colour Charts:
We have compiled a short list of the most common materials you might choose from as well as some other information to help you learn more about these films. Please feel free to send us an email if you would like some professional assistance.
Do you install wraps?
If you have experience installing vinyl or if you are a proclaimed DIY looking for a supplier it might be worth calling us to discuss a co-op buying arrangement. Although we don’t hold inventory or stock large amounts of vinyl in a warehouse, we do have purchasing power and by working with other shops and individuals through group buys or even to compare price points we ensure the supply chains remain in our favour. Choice Wraps understands that at our level there is more than enough work to go around and through working together with other wrap shops we can share learning and benefit together.
Additional Information and Product Sheets:
- Supreme Wrapping Film by Avery Features: Durability of 12 years, Finished in Opaque/Metallic/Specialty, Easy Apply RS Long Term Removable. Download Product Sheet.
- Conform Chrome Specialty Film by Avery Features: Durability of 12 years, Easy Apply RS Long Term Removable. Download Product Sheet.
- Coloured Overlaminates by Avery Features: Outstanding durability and outdoor performance, UV, temperature, humidity, and salt-spray resistance. Easy apply. Download Product Sheet.
- 1080 Series Wrap Film by 3M Features: matte, satin, gloss, carbon fiber,
and brushed metal, Durability 7 years for Matte, Satin, and Gloss
and 5 years for Carbon Fiber and Brushed Metal. Download Product Sheet.
- 8900 Overlaminate Series by 3M Features: 130% stretch. Fleet/vehicle, vehicle wraps, watercraft. Use these products to enhance the appearance and durability of your printed graphics or solid films. Download Product Sheet.