Valid from 13 April 2016
Your privacy matters to us. This policy outlines the information we collect from you and what we do with it.
CHOICE collects personal information from you in a number of different ways. For example, when you download one of our products, receive services from us or use one of our websites (including www.choice.marketing and choice.marketing).
At CHOICE, we consider your privacy to be extremely important to us. These are the fundamental principles that we follow in relation to your personal information:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to provide you with services, products, to comply with the law, or to protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information unless required for the on-going operation of services to you, to provide you with products, to comply with law or to protect our rights.
What we collect
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
When you register to use certain parts of our websites, such as wikis or message boards, or register for free accounts, we may ask for personal information such as your full name, email address and a password.
Chat rooms, forums and newsgroups
These are available to our community. Any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information and may be recorded, archived and republished by anyone. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information in such areas.
When you register for services or purchase any product from CHOICE, we may ask for information such as your email address, billing address, and credit card information. Credit card information is only used in processing your transaction. Please note that we may use a third party payment processing merchant to process your payments. Presently this includes TD Canada Trust and Beanstream payment gateway.
Non-personally identifying information
When you chose to send an error report, it includes a unique identifier for your computer. This identifier does not identify you, unless you (or someone acting on your behalf) discloses it separately. An error report may include personal information such as the state of programs that were running at the time. You can block future error reports from the privacy panel of System Settings.
Choice Online Marketing Group Inc. online accounts
When you use Choice Online Marketing Group Inc. online accounts, your personal information is stored on your PC and it can be accessed by some applications.
If you contact us and provide us with information, we may keep a record of that correspondence and information
Searching in the dash
When you enter a search term into the dash Choice Online Marketing Group Inc. will search your Choice Online Marketing Group Inc. computer and will record the search terms locally. Depending on whether you have opted in or out (see the “Online Search” section below), we may also send your keystrokes as a search term to product search. Choice Online Marketing Group Inc..com and selected third parties so that we may complement your search results with online search results from such third parties including: Facebook, Twitter, BBC and Amazon. CHOICE and these selected third parties will collect your search terms and use them to provide you with search results while using Choice Online Marketing Group Inc..
By searching in the dash you consent to:
- the collection and use of your search terms and IP address in this way; and
- the storage of your search terms and IP address by CHOICE and such selected third parties (if applicable).
You may restrict your dash so that we don’t send searches to third parties and you don’t receive online search results. To do this go to the Privacy panel and toggle the ’Include online search results’ option. The Privacy panel can be found in your System Settings or via a dash search.
What do we do with the information we collect?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To authenticate access to certain features of our websites.
- To contact you to respond to enquiries or to provide notices to you regarding your use of our websites or the provision of our services.
- To provide services, products, process payment, and authenticate access (where required).
- To analyse the performance or the appropriateness of products or services.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements (including responding to court orders, subpoenas and to prevent crime). These special circumstances may require us to disclose personal information.
- To contact you if your actions violate your agreement with us (if any).
- To fix errors and analyse trends.
- To study how anonymous users interact with our websites and services.
- To market our products or services to you.
Unless you have notified us otherwise, CHOICE may occasionally send you email to tell you about new features, solicit feedback, or just to keep you up to date with what’s going on. We may use various community websites (Western.Hosting, Forums, blogs etc.) to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of information to a minimum. If you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications, modify the communications preferences in your account or contact us using the contact details provided below.
You acknowledge that it may be necessary for your information to be processed by such parties and that it may be transferred to someone who provides a service to us in another country, including some outside of Canada, and you consent to such processing and transfer. If it is necessary to transfer your personal information outside of Canada we will make every effort to ensure that the person to whom we pass the personal information agrees to treat it with the same level of protection as we do.
If we are sold or merge with another business entity your personal information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
Unless required by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any personal information you provide to us without your consent.
How do we protect the information we collect
CHOICE is very concerned about protecting the confidentiality of your personal information. We have security measures, including administrative, physical and electronic measures, to protect against the loss, exposure, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you in the use of the services. These measures include SSL data encryption to transmit your personal information as well as technical architectures and systems to prevent unauthorised third parties from accessing your personal information.